Services & Resources
Services and resources are provided to meet the needs of individuals of diverse backgrounds such as employment, housing, transportation, financial services, and communication accessibility. WADHH commits to provide full communication accessibility for Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deaf-Blind, and Hearing Loss Communities. WADHH provides interpreter services, Social Events, Support Groups, Education and Outreach Services, Case Management Services, Information, and Referral, Assisted Listening Devices Program, Telecommunication Program (TED), and ASL classes.
LONG AND SHORT-TERM CLIENT ADVOCACY
WADHH aims to provide resources and services to Deaf, Deaf-Blind, and Hard of Hearing individuals within four regions. The following resources and services are provided at no charge:
• Communication Assistance
• Advocacy Services
• Crisis Intervention
• Coordination of Services Delivery
• Financial Assistance
INFORMATION AND REFERRAL
WADHH is more than happy to provide information and referrals upon your request for things like:
• Assistive Communication Technology (ACT) Program
• Telecommunication Equipment Distribution (TED)
• ADA Laws
• Referral services to different agencies based on your specific needs
COMMUNITY EVENT HOSTING
• St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
• ASL Game Night
• Tax Day
• Fun Game Day
• Contact the Front Desk for more!
OUTREACH SERVICES AND EVENTS
Community Advocates can provide either in-person or virtual outreach services and community education to educate Deaf, Deaf-Blind, and Hard of Hearing folks as well as those who serve them. The following subjects for presentations could be done by any of our four regional service centers:
• Deaf Awareness and Sensitivity Training
• Health and Wellness
• Personal Safety and Self Protection against Crimes, Scammers and/or Exploitation
• Communication and Coping Strategies
• Call your local regional center for more!
• Immigration Services
• Social Security Office
• Basic Needs (housing, bus, etc.)
• Access to Health Care
• Independent Living Skills
• Employment Resources
• Activity and Social
• Contact any Community Advocate for more!
Regions, Public Computers & VideoPhone
All WADHH regional centers have a public VP and computer for public use. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to use either the public VP or computer.